Tuesday

Entry 1

Hi everyone! It is your favorite college co-ed, Stephanie! Hope your week is going better than mine! It seems like the world is out to get me today.
First, I was late to my ten o’clock class. Don’t you just hate it when you walk into a class late and everyone stares at you? I swear, I had to glance down to make sure I remembered to put on my skirt. It was so embarrassing. Of course, the professor was giving me evil glances throughout the whole lecture, as if I killed someone or something. Geez! He needs to chill out, or chillax, as my boyfriend, Ben, would say.
You didn’t hear? We got back together! It was the only good thing to happen to me all day. Yay for me! I knew he would come crawling back to me. I think he was impressed with my nurturing skills. To be honest, I really didn’t want much to do with him when I heard the rumor about him and Christy Shaglier hooking up at one of those frat parties. Sure, I cried a little bit… Okay, I wailed like an effing baby! Who wouldn’t? But, a couple of days ago, I heard from a friend of a friend that he had come down with some kind of bug, something really bad. He went to the infirmary and then to the ER. They gave him some pain reliever and fever reducer and sent him home. So I decided to be the bigger person and bring him some soup. It may have come out of a can, but it’s the thought that counts. He was so surprised to see me. I choked on my gum when I saw him. He looked absolutely awful. I think I brightened up his day when I stopped by.
We sat and chatted for a little while. He was too sick to eat the soup. As he had a hundred times before, he apologized to me for going to that party but insisted he had nothing to do with Christy. In fact, he thought she made up that rumor just to break us up. I must agree, it sounded like something she would do. Anyway, he wrapped his clammy hand around mine and said “I love you, Stephanie.” That’s right, he used the “L” word. I had to contain my squeal of delight. Of course, I forgave him. I know I didn’t have to believe him, but I decided to let it go. After all, if he had been with her, I think being this sick is enough of a punishment. I gave him a peck on the forehead and left to allow him to get his rest. I knew he was tired and I had to get to class. I sure as hell didn’t want to be late for ANOTHER class!
The rest of the day was not as great. I met up with some friends at a local restaurant here. The food was absolutely awful. Besides, it was hard to eat when our waitress kept blowing her nose and coughing. Uh, yuck! On my way back, I got a speeding ticket. Usually, I can sweet talk my way out of it, but this cop was being so mean. I wasn’t going that fast! It isn’t like I hit anyone! The cop gave a ticket for going 60 in a 35. Oops. Daddy isn’t going to be happy. Oh well, he will get over it.
It’s getting late now. I still have to study for an exam I have to take tomorrow. Wish me luck! Smooches!

No comments:

Post a Comment